This time of year, all photographers have a wish list for the holidays. From worldwide famous shooters, to our wonderful vendors, to our local pals, we bring you great photographers’ picks for this Holiday Season. You’re sure to get some great gift ideas here!
Thanks to all of our participating photographers, and here we go…
Hailing from Canada, Chris Dodds is an inaugural member of the elite Canon Northern Explorer of Light and X-Rite Coloratti initiatives. He is a full-time freelance nature and wildlife photographer, nature photography workshop & safari leader/instructor, photography educator, blogger, and lecturer. Check out Chris’ popular blog at http://www.naturephotographyblog.com/ , his workshops at http://naturephotographyblog.squarespace.com/workshops/ and his stunning portfolio at http://www.chrisdoddsphoto.com/.
- Cotton Carrier System for Two Cameras. This has got to be one of the most useful photo accessories that I own – and it’s a Canadian Company, eh!
- Jobu Jr. 3 Gimbal Head. I love mine so much, I bring it everywhere that I go! (and it’s made in Canada as well).
- X-Rite i1 Display Pro. Well, for all the money that so many spend on their photographic equipment and computers, this is to make sure they all see the world the way it is supposed to be seen; in a color managed environment where prints match the computer screen.
- LensAlign MkII Focus Calibration System. There are so many people that should invest a small amount to ensure RAZOR sharp images from all of their lens and camera combinations – this might still be my biggest secret to consistently creating tack sharp imagery.
- Eckla Multi Rolly Gear Cart. The one thing I would really like to have under my tree!
Alan Murphy is the premier songbird photographer in the nation, if not the world. Author of several ebooks on songbirds, Alan’s images are stunning and masterful. If you’re serious about bird photography, by all means attend one of Alan’s workshops. Find out more about Alan at www.alanmurphyphotography.com.
- Apex Bean Bag. So many uses for getting that shot, either in the car or on foot. The included plate makes a great mount for a gimbal head.
- LensCoat RainCoats. Great for shooting in snow this time of year!
- Kwik Camo Photography Blind. I have several of