Photographers looking for a very small gimbal head will be thrilled with the new BWG-J3K Gimbal Head from Jobu Design. This new head is smaller, lighter, smoother and more compact than Jobu's earlier BWG-J2K head. Needle roller bearings allow smoother tilting under heavy loads and better adjustment of friction. Lockout force has been improved 200%, and overall durability has been improved in all aspects. The perfect travel companion, it easily fits into small pockets of your existing bags.
- One-piece hollow, cast, heat treated body
- Extreme stiffness for a small gimbal head
- Overall 1.0 reduced height from Jr.2 head
- 30 grams (1 oz) lighter than Jr.2 head
- Weight: 1 lb 7 oz (771 g)
- Includes removable swing-arm (HM-J2)
- Includes Arca-Swiss compatible quick release
- Needle roller bearings in tilt axis for smoothness
- Rubberized knobs for cold and wet weather usage
- Standard 3/8 tripod mount
- Camera/Lens Capacity of 10lbs recommended
Recommended for lenses up to: 70-200 F2.8/F4, 300mm F2.8/F4, 100-400 zoom, 150-400 zoom, 400mm F5.6, 400mm DO.
NOTE: Due to the compact design of this head, pro sized camera bodies and bodies with battery grips will have limited vertical tilt when used with short lenses such as the Canon 70-200 f4. With such a lens your camera body balances very close to the base of the gimbal thus limiting how far the swing arm will tilt.
Please see Resources Tab for gimbal head sizing guide.