The LensAlign MkII from Michael Tapes Design is a precision reference tool that enables photographers to accurately measure and then adjust the auto focusing accuracy of their DSLRs. It also measures the performance of the camera's manual focus system.
DSLR autofocus systems may not be as precise as you think Manufacturing tolerances often result in subtle mismatches between camera bodies and lenses, and can impart poor auto-focus performance.
Most new professional and enthusiast DSLRs have an Auto Focus Adjustment feature. Using the exclusive and patent pending True Parallel Alignment, the LensAlignII verifies perfect parallel alignment between the camera sensor plane and the target surface, a requirement for consistent and precise Auto Focus adjustment.
LensAlign MkII comes standard with a 10.5" Focus Display Ruler containing 2 alternate display patterns, one on each side.
The Lens Align MkII Plus and a 24" Long Ruler Kit for super telephoto lenses is available.
- Reliably test and adjust your DSLR Auto-Focus system performance
- Improve the "out of box" performance of your compatible DSLR
- Ensure precise camera to target alignment required for proper AF evaluation
- Simple assembly - under 5 minutes and no tools required
- Can be disassembled for travel or storage
- 1/4-20 tripod mount
- Dimensions: 11" x 4" x 6" (28 x 15 x 10 cm)
- Weight: 6.1 oz (173 g)