3 Legged Thing X1.1a ADRIAN Evolution 2 Magnesium Alloy Tripod System with AirHed 1 Ballhead
3 Legged Thing doesn't make tripods. They make tripod systems.
The X1.1a Adrian is the mag alloy version of 3LT's multi-award winning carbon fiber travel tripod system, Brian, but with a few small differences.
Adrian's unique aircraft grade T6061 Magnesium Alloy is so light and so dense, that the weight difference between Adrian and Brian is almost negligible.
Adrian features 5 section legs, with a unique double-break friction lock system, and a single section removable center column, with mounting points at either end for adding external devices, such as laptop platforms, ipad platforms and flashgun brackets.
Adrian features a removable monopod, and a standard double-ended threaded bolt, to enable devices with both 1/4" and 3/8" fittings. Adrian's legs work at three angles, 23, 55 and 80 degrees, and feature smooth-glide leg catches.
The design of Adrian is such that the tripod, when folded, will easily fit into most hand luggage. The D rings on the bag allow for the bag to be connected to another bag or trolley for easy transportation.
- X1.1a Adrian Evolution 2 Mag Alloy Tripod System
- AirHed 1 - Black or Blue
- AH1 Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plate
- Built in detachable Monopod
- Zip-off Leg Muff
- Rapid Reversible/Removable Centre Column
- Spring Ballast Hook
- 100mm Magnesium Alloy Extension Tube (26mm diameter)
- 3LT Tripod Bag with D rings and tool/memory card/film Pocket
- Carry Strap
What's new on the Evolution 2 Tripods?3 Legged Thing is constantly improving their tripod line to bring you a safer, lighter, stronger and more functional tripod system. The Evolution 2 upgrades include:
- Purer Stealth Mag Alloy ™ legs, and columns - Smoother operation, more lateral and torsional strength.
- Re-engineered leg mechanisms, for greater stability, smoother and easier use.
- New Evo 2 Friction Locks with safety double break-point and easy-grip rubber.
- Retoned matte black anodizing and triple machined magnesium alloy parts for better durability and smoother finish.
- New, redesigned AirHed with ultra smooth panning, enlarged locking knob for greater grip and new triple bubble system, lighter and smaller casing and with 35kg load capacity.