3 Legged Thing X4a JACK Evolution 2 Magnesium Alloy Tripod System with AirHed 1 Ballhead
3 Legged Thing doesn't make tripods. They make tripod systems.
The X4a Jack is a versatile and capable travel tripod with a unique double section aircraft-grade magnesium alloy column that provides functionality beyond the scope of ordinary travel tripods:
1: It enables extension of the tripod to the maximum height of 81" (2.06m) which is perfect for using with off camera flash, as the added height gives the user greater versatility.
2: When the extended column is use with the legs retracted in position 2 (55 degrees), Jack operates in "tri-mono mode". Tri-mono mode enables photographers to stabilize their equipment without having to hold it, which enables them to go to a second camera without having to put the main set-up down on the floor.
3: When used with the column inverted, and the legs in position 2, you can lower your camera to the floor for macro photography, while retaining a large working area underneath the legs. The mounting point at each end of the center column further allows you to add a laptop platform or iPad bracket for tethered shooting.
The center column is completely removable for mounting the AirHed or your camera directly to the main tripod legs for extra stability. This mounting enables you to use Jack at just 5.3" (135mm), giving Jack a huge dynamic range.
The design of Jack is such that the tripod, when folded, will easily fit into most hand luggage. The D rings on the bag allow for the bag to be connected to another bag or trolley for easy transportation.
- X4a JACK Evolution 2 Magnesium Alloy Tripod System
- AirHed 1 - Black or Blue
- AH1 Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plate
- Built in detachable Monopod
- Zip-off Leg Muff
- Rapid Reversible/Removable Center Column
- Spring Ballast Hook
- 100mm Magnesium Alloy Extension Tube (26mm diameter)
- 3LT Tripod Bag with D rings and tool/memory card/film Pocket
- Carry Strap
What's new on the Evolution 2 Tripods?3 Legged Thing is constantly improving their tripod line to bring you a safer, lighter, stronger and more functional tripod system. The Evolution 2 upgrades include:
- Purer Stealth Mag Alloy ™ legs, and columns - Smoother operation, more lateral and torsional strength.
- Re-engineered leg mechanisms, for greater stability, smoother and easier use.
- New Evo 2 Friction Locks with safety double break-point and easy-grip rubber.
- Retoned matte black anodizing and triple machined magnesium alloy parts for better durability and smoother finish.
- New, redesigned AirHed with ultra smooth panning, enlarged locking knob for greater grip and new triple bubble system, lighter and smaller casing and with 35kg load capacity.