X-Rite ColorMunki Photo Color Management Solution
ColorMunki also features AppSet software, which allows it to interact with a variety of different design applications. Once you've finished creating a color profile, AppSet will automatically synchronize it with any of the following programs: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe InDesign CS3/4, QuarkXPress 8, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, and Corel Painter X. You'll be able to digitally manipulate colors with more confidence than ever before.
Share Your Art with the World
ColorMunki comes complete with software that allows you to customize your color palette, giving you maximum artistic control over your photos. It will automatically extract colors from any image you choose, then generate an accurate palette for you to work with. Alternately, you can manually grab colors with the spot color measurement function and create a palette of your own. Then, when you're ready to use your custom palette, ColorMunki will automatically synchronize it with your favorite design applications.
Once your images have been color-corrected, you can share them using ColorMunki's DigitalPouch feature. Simply drag and drop them into the pouch, "zip" it up, and send. The recipient doesn't need any special software installed: they'll be able to view the images along with the embedded color profiles in a self-contained viewing window. The program even provides a warning to recipients whose monitors aren't profiled, so you can ensure that your clients are viewing your work as it's meant to be viewed.
What's in the Box?
Black ColorMunki spectrophotometer, ColorMunki profiling software, ColorMunki Photo ColorPicker and DigitalPouch software, Interactive Training DVD, ColorMunki protection bag/monitor holder, Quick Start Guide, and USB power cord.
The ColorMunki Device
- All-in-One spectrophotometer is the only device required to profile monitors, projectors and printers and measure colors.
- A white calibration tile is integrated, so there’s nothing to lose or match up to your device.
- A protective bag doubles as an integrated monitor holder - and it all fits in the palm of your hand.
- Quick, easy self-guided interface offers a fast path to high quality custom monitor, projector and printer profiles
- Integrated how-to videos
- Easy and Advanced Monitor Profiling Modes: Easy mode’s predetermined selections are perfect for photographers who are looking for quick and easy profiling. Choose Advanced if you want more control over whitepoint, contrast, brightness or ambient measurements.
- Photo ColorPicker intuitive interface for easiest color palette building and verification
- DigitalPouch offers ViewSafe™ capabilities ensuring color confidence when sharing images with your client
Monitor and Projector Profiling
- Calibrate and profile all of your LCD, CRT and laptop monitors so you know the colors you see on screen are the same colors you’ll see in print.
- Automatic DDC recognition will quickly determine if your monitor is compliant and if so, perform all advanced display calibrations automatically, delivering a high quality profile with no user intervention.
- NEW: Advanced mode offers the ability to optimize your display luminance, based on ambient light or any value you specify.
- NEW: ambient light measurement and resulting optimum white luminance values provided; target and actual measured luminance values are provided when adjusting display luminance
- NEW: automated contrast clipping test for an even easier display contrast and brightness optimization workflow.
- NEW: Video LUT adjustments to pinpoint display target luminance value, ensuring more accurate results
- NEW: Ability to create custom display profile names or accept default name before saving and applying profile
- ColorMunki technology gives you fast and accurate projector profiles so you can show your images on the big screen to clients, family and friends with color confidence!
- Before and after visualization and calibration reminder prompts keep everything in check.
RGB and CMYK Printer Profiling
- No need to read individual color patches – ColorMunki’s superfast scanning can rapidly measure test charts in less than one minute!
- Simply scan one 50-patch test chart, and ColorMunki will learn how your printer behaves with these colors and dynamically generate a second chart of 50 patches. Then print and scan this second chart of 50 patches and your profile is perfected!
- ColorMunki is so smart it even has the ability to optimize your profile based on images for specific colors, black & white, flesh tones, etc.
- With AppSet™, you don’t have to worry about what to do with your new printer profile. ColorMunki talks to your photo and design applications and sets the profile automatically.
- Create with Power
- Automatically extract colors from any image in your library or go directly into the image and drag any color you can see to create a custom color palette. ColorMunki Photo also lets you grab color from any surface with the easy spot color measurement function.
- With ColorMunki's new PrintSafe™ checking capabilities, you can preview your color palettes under different lighting sources or evaluate printing processes for out of gamut colors before you go to production.
- When you are ready to use your custom palette, automatically synchronize it to Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 Macintosh, InDesign® CS4 Macintosh or Windows, QuarkXpress®, CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X4, or Corel® Painter™X. Or you can import into any of your other favorite photo and design applications. (Note: AppSet support for Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 Windows is not possible with the current release of Photoshop CS4 on Windows)
- Share your masterpieces quickly and easily with DigitalPouch, a self-executable application that allows for color managed sharing and viewing of your images.
- Simply drag and drop the images you want to transport into the pouch, “zip” it up and send.
- The receiver doesn’t need to own or install any special software. They simply doubleclick on the DigitalPouch file and they’ll be able to view the images with your embedded profiles in a fully automatic and color managed viewing application. DigitalPouch files are even completely cross platform independent so you can send the same file to Windows or Macintosh users and the color results will match.
- DigitalPouch also checks the recipients monitor for an up-to-date display profile and indicates if it’a ViewSafe™ or color accurate environment. This provides you and your customer complete confindence that the color integrity of the images is being preserved when viewed by all.
Interactive Training At Your Fingertips
Included Interactive Training modules offer user driven, easy-to-follow instructions for:
- Calibrating and Printing with Ease: display-to-print matching capabilities: LCD & laptop calibration, projector profiling, and printer profiling
- Creating with Power: capturing colors from virtually anywhere, enhancing editing creativity, and saving time and production materials with PrintSafe™ color previews
- Communicating Effortlessly: with DigitalPouch™, a self-executable application that checks for ViewSafe™ conditions on the receiver side to ensure confident image sharing with anyone
- Covering Color Basics: deepen your understanding of color basics and ideal viewing environments; includes a comprehensive color glossary