The Wimberley Head is a specialized tripod head for telephoto lenses. Its gimbal-type design allows you to rotate your lens around its center of gravity and thus easily manipulate very large lenses. Since its introduction in 1991, the Wimberley Head has become the industry standard for serious nature photographers.
- Powder coated/anodized finished
- Industry standard Arca-Swis style quick release clamp
- Panning head has zero play
- Side panning knob for easy operation
- Lobed soft touch easy-grip locking knobs
- Made in the USA
- Uses Wimberley F-9 flash module
- Dimensions: 9.25"H x 3.5"W x 9.73"D (23.5 x 8.9 x 24.7 cm)
- Lens platform adjustable from 3.5" to 7.1" (8.9 to 18 cm)
- Weight: 3.15 lbs (1.4 kg)
Learn how to mount your camera body directly to a Wimberley head here.
Please see Specifications tab for schematic.