Think Tank Photo Hydrophobia 70-200 Rain Cover
Think Tank Photo Hydrophobia 70-200 Rain Cover
The Think Tank Photo Hydrophobia 70-200 Rain Cover is a sophisticated cover that protects your pro DSLR from moisture, wind, dust and dirt and permits you to shoot under adverse conditions. It's over-sized and accommodates up to a 70-200mm f/2.8 or shorter lens. Its over-sized design permits horizontal or vertical use and can be accessed by its left or right sleeves. Moreover, it can be easily used when your DSLR is tripod or monopod mounted.
The beauty of this item is that it can be attached while the camera is assembled and, in addition, permits you to change batteries or memory cards without having to remove the cover. There's also a lens hood cover that protects the front of the lens. The clear back window of the Hydrophobia allows full access to the camera's LCD screen.
The unit contains a Think Tank Camera Strap V2.0 that is already connected to the cover via strong metal D-rings. It should be noted that you do not have to remove your camera's strap in order to use the Hydrophobia. Nor do you have to tweak the cover by trimming it. The Hydrophobia comes with a convenient built-in elastic strap retainer that is designed for your DSLR's strap.
The Hydrophobia connects to your lens hood by its hook and loop strap, manufactured to be non-slip. Optional Hydrophobia camera eyepieces are required to provide you with a clear view of your viewfinder through the cover. This rain cover comes with a cleverly designed built-in eyepiece pocket that is used to store the Hydrophobia eyepiece while the cover is packed away. Or, use it to hold your camera's eyecup while using the Hydrophobia's eyepiece.
For additional protection from the elements, an eyepiece flap is provided to shield the eyepiece from rain, sand or other potentially interfering contaminants. A lens hood is also provided and can be stored in its own supplied pocket located on top of the cover or it can be completely removed. The Hydrophobia comes with its own mesh carrying bag and is backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- The Hydrophobia 70-200 includes a Think Tank Camera Strap that is pre-connected to durable metal D-rings on the rain cover. Proper use of the strap and rain cover does not require removing the strap attached to the camera. Nor does it require cutting holes in the rain cover or disassembling the camera's attached strap
- The lens strap inside the Hydrophobia allows the external Camera Strap to fully support the weight of the camera and lens. Tighten the lens strap then clip it around the back end of the lens, ensuring a snug fit
- There is no need to remove the strap already attached to the DSLR. Simply fold the strap and slip it into the Camera Strap Retainer, which is the elastic loop inside the Hydrophobia
- The Hydrophobia securely attaches around the lens hood by a hook-and-loop strap with non-slip coating. Using a lens hood in the rain effectively prevents stray droplets from streaking across the front of the lens, in a similar way it blocks glare from sunlight
- A specially designed eyepiece is required for use and proper attachment of the Hydrophobia rain cover. The eyepiece allows a clear view, straight through to the camera's viewfinder. There are five different eyepieces to choose from, three for Canon and two for Nikon DSLRs
- An eyepiece flap can be folded over the Hydrophobia eyepiece when the camera is not is use. This keeps excess rain or dust from collecting on the viewfinder while the camera is just hanging by the external strap
- An eyepiece pocket is built into the side of the Hydrophobia rain cover. It can be used to store the Hydrophobia eyepiece when the rain cover is packed away or it can carry the DSLR's rubber eyecup while the rain cover is actively being used. Look for the eye-shaped icon on the Hydrophobia
- A soft lens hood cover is included for additional protection from the elements. Use it as a lens cap; it's too small to be a shower cap. The hood cover can be stored in the pocket on top of the lens or it can be completely removed to save some bulk
- The clear window on the back of the Hydrophobia keeps the camera's LCD screen and controls visible. There is also enough room inside the rain cover to change memory cards and batteries without exposing the camera to rain
- Using a shorter focal length lens in the Hydrophobia may be possible depending on the placement of the zoom or focusing rings on the lens
- Requires Eyepiece (sold separately)
- Can be attached while camera and lens are assembled
- Clear back window to view LCD screen and camera controls
- Lens hood cover protects front of lens as needed
- Eyepiece storage pocket (Eyepieces sold separately)
- Over-sized and adjustable right and left hand sleeves
- Compatible with monopods and small tripod heads
- Mesh bag included for transportation and storage
Pro size DSLR with a hot-shoe mounted flash and up to a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached
Pro size DSLR with a hot-shoe mounted flash and Canon's 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lens attached
17.5 x 5.5" (44.5 x 14.0 cm) (length x diameter)
12.8 oz (362.9 g) (rain cover only)